Visit my office and you will see that I am an avid fan of the Beatles and Steppenwolf. The walls are plastered with Steppenwolf, the Beatles and other music/concert memorabilia.
As for Steppenwolf, I first saw them in concert in May of 1969 in Fayetteville, AR. I have been a fan ever since and have attended many concerts across the States. As you can see in this photo, I have a 50th Anniversary John Kay & Steppenwolf guitar by Epiphone. John signed the front and printed the name of my favorite song which is not "Born to be Wild" but "Desperation." Randal Smith, Inspector with Epiphone Guitar Company was on-hand for the Farewell Brunch on Sunday, so I got him to sign the Epiphone case and the back of the guitar; he was monumental in the design, production and inspection of each of the 50th Anniversary guitars!
I traveled to Nashville, TN for the 50th Anniversary Bash. I had a three-day backstage pass. I met up with 214 other Steppenwolf fans for a Welcome Dinner on Friday, August 4th, 2017; then attended the Concert at the Ryman Center (Grand Ole' Opry) on August 5th, and the Sunday Brunch on August 6th. I attended two other concerts that month, one in Fayetteville, GA, August 12th, 2017 and one at Hard Rock Biloxi, MS, August 20th, 2017. I attended the final concert and 40th Anniversary in Aberdeen, MD on October 7, 2007 and was photographed with John and I was again photographed with him on August 5th, 2017 at the 50th!
I MAY BE OLD BUT I GOT TO SEE A LOT OF THE GREATEST BANDS OVER THE YEARS! 68 AND STILL LEGALLY ROCKIN' AND ROLLING!
December 2003 - June 2019 Paralegal
- Filed more than 600 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcies in the State of Arkansas during this period.
- Paralegal/Office Manager to Attorney David L. Dunagin for over 16 years. I encourage you to read his thoughts of me.
September 2007 Bankruptcy Administration Seminar
- Planned, organized and implemented a Bankruptcy Seminar (Program Title - Bankruptcy Administration Seminar) initially designed for Paralegals/Legal Assistants that work for Law Firms providing Bankruptcy Representation to Debtors.
- Bankruptcy Administration Seminar was submitted to and approved by the Arkansas Supreme Court, Office of Professional Programs, Arkansas CLE Board allowing attending Attorneys to receive 5.5 General Hours of CLE (Continuing Legal Education).
- Program Speakers were: The Assistant U.S. Trustee, Region 13 (Little Rock, AR) and Staff Bankruptcy Analyst; a three-trustee panel consisting of the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee for the Western District of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR) and two Chapter 7 Trustees for the Western District of Arkansas, Fort Smith Division (Fort Smith); a joint-panel consisting of the Clerk of Court for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas and the Project Specialist for the Arkansas Bankruptcy Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR); the Systems Administrator, Office of the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee (Little Rock, AR); a Counseling panel from Credit Counseling of Arkansas, Inc. consisting of the Community Outreach Coordinator and, Director of Counseling (Fayetteville, AR) and a local Fort Smith area credit counselor; a Fort Smith attorney for Non-lawyer Assistants; and the late Lynn Lisk, Esq., University Of Arkansas Fort Smith, Director of the Legal Assistance and Paralegal Associate of Applied Science Degree Program.
- The Seminar was held in the Donald W. Reynolds Cancer Support House conference room in Fort Smith with forty-eight in attendance (33 Non-lawyers and 16 Attorneys [2 new contract my services]). I donated the proceeds (after expenses) to the Donald W. Reynolds Cancer Support House.
July 2015 NALS (National Association for Legal Secretaries formed 1929) - now - the association of legal professionals
- Guest Speaker at the "Law and Order on the Border - multi-state education conference." My topic was "Bankruptcy - What's in your wallet?"
Paralegal Paul LLC opened for business at 1615 North A Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901.
- Vietnam Era Veteran - served onboard the USS BIDDLE (CG-34) as a Yeoman.
- August 1984 Honor Graduate Aviation Maintenance Administration School, Naval Technical Training Center, Meridian, MS. Served with VAQ-132 Squadron at Naval Air Station, Whidbey Island, WA.
August 1989 - October 1991
- Admiral Staff: Served as an Aviation Maintenance Administrationman for Rear Admiral Red Best, Commander Fleet Air Western Pacific, Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan.
- Letter of Commendation received from Rear Admiral Red Best for exemplary performance as Aircraft Inventory and Accounting Petty Officer.
- Selected by Assistant Chief of Staff Material Division as Sailor of the Quarter for the 2nd Quarter 1991 and selected as Sailor of the Quarter for the 3rd Quarter 1991.
13 July 1991
- Reached the "highest" point of my military career when I ascended Mount Fuji (12,388') to renew my Oath of Enlistment for four years. Reenlisting Officer, James P. VanEtten, CAPT, USMC, Marine Liaison Officer, Commander Fleet Air Western Pacific.
29 October 1991
- At recommendation of Rear Admiral Red Best was awarded Navy Achievement Medal as Aircraft Inventory and Accounting Manager of over 550 aircraft from 60 commands during Desert Shield/Desert Storm from Vice Admiral Edwin R. Kohn, Commander Naval Air Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
March 1990- October 1991
- Completed the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Instructor Course and served as Chief Motorcycle Safety Instructor for the Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan.
- 25 September 1991, awarded Navy Achievement Medal from Rear Admiral Steven R. Briggs, Commander Fleet Air Western Pacific.
- In 1991 by recommendation of RADM Red Best, I was accepted for and attended Naval Legalman School at Naval Justice Law School, Newport, RI graduated December 1991.
January 1992 - 1994
- Served at Naval Legal Services Office, Treasure Island, San Francisco Bay, CA in various capacities including Command Career Counselor, Court Reporter/Trial Assistant, Record of Trial Transcriptionist; Law Librarian; Defense and Prosecution Legalman; and Medical Claims Recovery Act Claims Examiner.
Captain George Wells, Military Judge, became a very close friend during my stay at NLSO TI. He was a Naval Aviator and got shot down during the Vietnam War. His injuries prevented him from continuing as an Aviator, so during recovery he went to Law School and upon completion became a Staff Judge Advocate and later promoted to a Naval Judge. We stayed in contact over the years and I called and asked him if he would prepare a letter of reference for me to use as I was trying to enter the Legal Job Market in Fort Smith in 2003. Sadly he is now deceased, but here is the letter containing his thoughts on me.
- Letter of Appreciation from Commanding Officer, Naval Station Treasure Island for updating the Staff Judge Advocate's law library.
- Selected Navy-wide Sailor of the 3rd Quarter for Naval Legal Service Command by Commander, Naval Legal Service Command, Rear Admiral Harold E. Grant, Deputy Judge Advocate.
- Temporary duty assignment at the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD as one of the Court Reporter/Transcriptionists for the 189 hours of hearings conducted by the Honor Review Board regarding the Nuclear Examination Cheating Scandal of 1991.
- Received Letter of Commendation from President, Honor Review Board, Vice Admiral R. C. Allen.
- Letter of Appreciation from F. G. Sanford, Commanding Officer, Naval Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- Letter of Appreciation from Commanding Officer, USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN-72) for voluntary temporary duty assignment to the Legal Department during pre-deployment underway training.
9 November 1994 - 16 January 1995
- Voluntary temporary duty assignment to Legal Department, USS CONSTELLATION (CV-64) during deployment to the Western Pacific.
1969 Graduate of Northside High School (home of the Grizzlies), Fort Smith, AR
1984 Graduate of Westark Community College (now UAFS) Fort Smith, AR - Associates Degree
I utilize the following for Service Providers for my office needs:
BEST CASE by Stretto - Paralegal Paul LLC has the technology and years of experience to provide the bankruptcy attorneys that I contract with to legally prepare your bankruptcy case for filing with the Bankruptcy Court and to monitor your case from filing date to completion. This office and the bankruptcy attorneys that use my service utilize Best Case by Stretto software; the industry-leader in bankruptcy software. View their website at www.bestcase.com.
Pinnacle IT Managed Services as my Computer Technology solution provider. Contact them at (479) 242-8324 or see view their website, www.pinnacleitcrew.com. (Bill Stuckey)
Ring Central for my Facsimile Service and Audio/Video conferencing; the latter will assist greatly with the contact issues caused by the Coronavirus Pandemic. View their website at www.ringcentral.com.
Dixie Digital Imaging, Inc. provides their cutting-edge Connect-Key Technology for my leased multifunction Xerox machine for my copying, printing and scanning needs. Kelly and his staff are excellent. Contact them at (479) 783-6600 or view their website, www.dixiedigital.com.
ADT Security Services provides this office with Alarm Monitoring and Notification Services. I have known Lee Barnard, Territory Manager, since 2013. For questions regarding your business and residential security needs contact Lee at (479) 806-3851 or [email protected]